For the Yorkie
- Whisk the milk and eggs together until smooth.
- Fold in the eggs gradually.
- Place oil in pan and place in hot oven 210C.
- Allow to get smoking hot before use.
- Carefully pour approx. 150ml of the batter mix on to the hot oil.
- Bake in oven 12mins until a deep golden brown.
For the Filling
- Slice mushrooms, onions, and fry in hot pan with the rapeseed oil, cook 3 – 5 mins until.
- Add halved tomatoes and crushed garlic.
- Fry for a further few minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with balsamic vinegar.
- Finish with cream and fresh herbs.
- Spoon the mixture into the cooked Yorkie.
- Make a well in the vegetables and crack an egg into the centre.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Return to the oven 180C for another 5-8 mins.
- Cook until cheese is golden brown and the egg has set.
- Serve with toasted Bread and some fresh salad leaves.